Saturday, June 30, 2012

Jewelry For The Heat Wave!

Look at me--writing more than one blog post in a single week! I guess maybe things are starting to get back to normal after all....

So I have totally been on a gemstone kick lately, as you can see in some of the recent jewelry I've been making (like my super chunky and fun Priscilla necklace on the left. See more about it HERE). Which is partly because gemstones are awesome, and also partly out of necessity. My boutique has been open extended hours over the past month, which means I've been at the store almost 50 hours a week. I just haven't had the time or the energy to do too much new work in my home studio, which means my current collection is limited to what I can make at the mini studio I have set up at my store. And thus, more beading and less metal work!

I miss doing all the soldering that I used to have time to do, but I will eventually hire someone to take over for me at the store at least a day a week, so I can start getting back into it. My Open Book necklace (find it HERE) is now by special order only! And I used to always have them in silver, gold, and mixed metals at my store. But it's been two months probably since I've been able to make new ones. I could, of course, do some super late at night when I get home, but that just seems too crazy. I really like finishing my work day at 8 and not going home to do more. So, next month maybe! Or the store might be cutting back to regular Thurs-Sun hours, which could be nice. I will keep you updated! In the meantime, please enjoy all the new beaded work I am making! Beading is nice for summer too, especially with the crazy heat wave we've been having here in NYC. Nothing too "heavy" with lots of metal--light, colorful, funky and fun. That's been my jewelry motto lately! Come visit my boutique if you'd like to see it all for yourself--you can find me at 12 Lions Studio from Thursday to Sunday, 11-8. The address is 684 Broadway, on the corner of Great Jones St. Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment