Sunday, January 15, 2012

The lovely Hillary Flowers (has my jewelry!)

I am very excited today to announce that my jewelry collection can now be found at Hillary Flowers Designer Collective at 40 Clinton St., right here in the Lower East Side! It is an amazing feeling to see my jewelry displayed in a real store--not just on Etsy, not just on my display table at a craft market--but at a real brick and mortar store. Just amazing!

I couldn't believe it when I looked up directions last night and discovered that the boutique was less than a five minute walk from my house. Convenient, yes! But also surprising--a cute shop down the block with cute clothes and jewelry? How did I miss this?! Maybe it looked too expensive--I'm one of those people who sees a boutique and thinks, I probably can't afford anything in there, I won't even bother going inside. Which is silly, because I've been proven wrong on that point again and again, and Hillary Flowers is no exception--it's full of really beautiful pieces at really great prices.
And I think my jewelry fits in with that very well, if I do say so myself!

I was happily surprised too when I arrived at the store--I had looked up some pictures online before going in for my appointment today, and the pictures I had seen did not do the place justice. In the pictures it looked cramped; in person, it was cozy, inviting. I was really impressed with just how beautifully everything at the store was laid out. New Yorkers really can work magic in small spaces! I'm so curious to see how my jewelry sells at the boutique. But no matter what happens, I am glad to be trying something new. Another step in the right direction for my jewelry business--I'd say it's an excellent way to start off 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment