Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A lot has happened this month!

Hi everyone! So, I know, it has been a month since I have written. But I have been writing, just not here. I finally started up a new (not Etsy!) website of my own a few weeks ago, and it made the most sense for me to just move my blog over there as well. The new site is www.imprintbyeileen.com. It is my first ever attempt at creating a website, and I am pretty darn proud of it. It's not perfect, and you can't actually buy jewelry on it yet (you still have to go to my Etsy store for that), but the site will be getting a little bit better every day.
So that's exciting, and you should totally come visit me there and see what I've been up to. Which, incidentally, is a lot! In the event that you're too lazy to click the link, or, understandably, don't want to wade through 7 super long new blog posts, I will try to summarize the past month for you here....

1. My jewelry can now be found in two actual stores! I already wrote about the Hillary Flowers Designers Collective here, and my jewelry is still there. I also have started working in the boutique one day a week--you can find me there every Wednesday from 1-8pm if you want to say hi, see my jewelry, or talk about a custom order. My jewelry can also be found now in North Carolina! At the lovely Stephanie Sherman's private hair studio at the Cicero Tise House in Winston-Salem. If you find yourself down south, go check it out, although I will not be there. But Stephanie will, and she will also give you a damn good haircut. So, definitely a win-win situation.

2. I am making a HUGE gamble in March, that will largely determine the future of my business. A friend (and fellow vendor/designer) of mine is going to be opening a new retail space mid-March featuring about 25 designers and their wares. I'm going to do it, even though it requires an investment, essentially, of all the money I have. Like, in the world. I don't want to give away too many details until everything is super official and nailed down and my booth is built and I have pictures.... But yeah. Equal parts terrifying and exciting, for sure, and I'm sure it will be like that every step of the way.

So, there it is. That has been my month! There has been other stuff, but this is the major bit of it, especially the new retail space part that is happening in March. So scary, but so potentially awesome. I don't know what to expect, or whether it will work, but at the same time, it HAS to. This has to work, and I will make sure that it does, somehow. I'm lucky too, because no matter what happens, it's not like I'm going to end up on the street or anything. If I didn't have a super supportive family and awesomely helpful friends, it would never be possible for me to try this. But I do, and I am, and now, I just have to get to work--making jewelry, sourcing materials, creating the display. We're shooting my lookbook this weekend, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I will be posting a sneak peek hopefully sometime early next week, whenever I can manage to tear myself away from the studio...

No comments:

Post a Comment