Saturday, February 25, 2012

more of everything

I have been very busy making jewelry lately! All in the name of having lots and lots of inventory to sell on Broadway starting March 15.....hope I'm on the right track. I love making this style of wire wrapped rings--I think they are beautiful. Hopefully the public agrees! I did sell some similar pieces at The Young Designers Market last year, so that's a good sign that people will (hopefully!) like them. The main difference is that now I'm using sterling and 14k gold in place of the brass and copper I mainly used last year. I think using precious metals makes a lot of sense and makes the rings look even better.

I've also been trying to figure out how these new pieces can be shown online, and whether I should be posting any of them to my Etsy store. I've pretty much decided to hold off on that for now. Not that I'm making tons of sales on Etsy, but I don't want to confuse myself by trying to sell inventory in two places at once. The jewelry on Etsy will stay on Etsy, and new pieces will go to Broadway. For now, anyway. The current strategy can always evolve!

As you can see, my current strategy also includes dealing with the supply stash in my backyard that is steadily expanding. Tara brought over another car load of awesome stuff the other day, and now I think I have enough materials to start (and finish!) building my booth. You can't really appreciate all the things she brought--lots of little things are hidden away in bags beneath the work table, but trust me: there is a lot of stuff, and all of it is awesome (yes, even the random half arch that looks like a skate ramp....still got to figure out exactly how I can use that!).

The part that feels a little daunting right now is the amount of work I still have left to do! Let's see....I still have to shoot the lookbook, edit the photos, do the layout, get the books printed, sketch the booth design, cut the wood to size, build the booth pieces, buy paint, organize display elements, make a dozen or two more rings, bracelets, pairs of earrings, necklaces, etc. Of course, there's more than that. But if I get all of that done, it will be a very good start! I know that I shouldn't feel overwhelmed, though. I know that what is most important now is for me to keep calm and continue to work through everything, piece by piece, at a steady pace. There is no energy to spare for useless anxiety and stress! There is just too much to do. More updates coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment