Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Market NYC!!

Yesterday was my first day selling jewelry at The Market NYC and it went really well.  I was nervous about how the booth would look, since my apartment is way too small to practice the full set up.  But I was really proud--I think it looked great!  It was Nick's idea to have a banner made up with my logo on it, which was brilliant and ended up really taking the table to the next level.  Check it out:


The woman in the striped shirt in the background was my neighbor for the day.  Her name is Stella Page and she is a really amazing handbag designer who just moved to NY from LA.  She was amazing, and I'm glad we were set up next to each other.  I was really impressed with all the vendors there actually--everybody was incredibly talented and super nice.

I've decided that I am definitely going to go back next weekend!  And I'm going to be there both Saturday and Sunday.  I would have done it this weekend, but I didn't know what to expect or how it would go.  There are definitely things that I am going to change about the display and the products that are laid out....so much work to do, and only six days to do it!  It was interesting too because I learned a lot about the pieces that people gravitate towards.  It's really interesting the way that everybody is drawn to the same two sets of earrings, or one particular ring.

I also met a really cool photographer and blogger, Laurie Reeves, who photographed my work and ended up publishing one of the photos on her blog, Latte Village.  All in all a very successful day!  Can't wait to do it all over again next weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment