Thursday, October 20, 2011

what i've been up to--bezel rings and metal earrings!

I have been busy this week! I decided to do The Market again this weekend, so I've been preparing. I made twenty (!) soldered pendants in one eight hour marathon session the other day. I'm still adding beads and chain to some of them, but I was impressed with my productivity. I also have had bezels and Diamond Glaze sitting around for ages, that I finally decided to use. My wire rings were popular last Saturday, so I thought now was as good a time as any to diversify my rings for sale. I made up a tray of ring and pendant bezels and spent the day making little works of art to go inside them. I finally poured the Diamond Glaze about twenty minutes ago, so now I am just waiting to see how they turn out! It is, believe it or not, my first time doing this. I certainly hope they end up looking good! Although I guess we may not know until tomorrow.....






I will definitely post an updated photo once they're dry! Can't wait to see how my little creations turn out...








I also had my once a week metalsmithing class yesterday at the jewelry studio. I really like the place and the class, but I get frustrated at least once every time I'm there about how long you have to wait for instruction/help sometimes. Actually, not sometimes, ALWAYS. They just don't have enough instructors for students. There's no "one-on-one" anything--it's two (one and a half, really) instructors for the room of twenty. So every time you need anything, you have to wait in a line of people to be heard. So annoying. I think if I was one of the daily students it would bother me less, but I'm only there three hours a week! I need that time to count! Plus, it's not like that class didn't cost $650....


However! I did finally finish some awesome earrings yesterday (took me two classes to do it!). I wish I had my own personal jewelry studio so I could design and make my own pieces like this. Or, you know, I'd take free studio time anywhere :)

Sometimes I go on craigslist or nyfa.org's studio listings just to imagine that I can afford to rent one of my own. Someday! For now, I just need to keep making as many sales as I can. And, of course, continue to have fun with this and see where it can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment