Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New jewelry booth update!

I can't believe I am opening my new jewelry booth on Broadway next week!!! I went by the space today to take some exact measurements and check out all the work that has been going on. You can see that the ceiling has been painted black and brand new lighting has been installed. I think it looks great! The partitions between booths are built now too--you can see me standing inside my booth-to-be below. It's only about 7' x 5', and yet there is so much to do to transform that little box into an awesome jewelry booth! I can't believe that this time next week everything will be painted and starting to be filled with my jewelry! I can't wait to see how it turns out. There are still so many decisions to make about design. I want to ensure that my jewelry and I stand out among the 20 or so other vendors who will be in the space.

Standing there today with Nick, I started to feel overwhelmed with all there is to do. It's not like I can just focus on the design of the booth all week--I still have to keep designing and making jewelry, and working on the business side of things too (creating inventory sheets and price lists, etc). It's a lot for one brain to do. Also, I have a pretty strong streak of perfectionism, which means I don't want my booth, or my jewelry, to just be good, I want it to be THE BEST! Which probably means I am putting a little too much pressure on myself. I'm not an expert, and there's nothing to be gained by stressing myself out more than I need to. No matter what, I'm sure that my booth will turn out just fine. Between me and Nick, I'm sure it will be more than fine. And I will be okay with that!

There are just so many things still to decide on! What color will I paint the walls? What fabric will I hang below the shelves? How many shelves will there be? What will my sign be? Where will I hang it? How will the displays look? How much jewelry will I put out? And so on! I will post more pictures soon as this starts to come together....next Thursday 3/15 is opening day! Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful space!! Can't wait to see what you have planned for it.

    ReplyDelete