Friday, March 2, 2012

This is Friday night!

As you can see, I am settling in for quite a Friday night! Two bags of tax receipts to enter into spreadsheets, and about forty pendants to solder and turn into necklaces.....what fun! Especially the tax receipts, of course! It actually is pretty amazing that I've escaped the fun of sorting through receipts in previous years. Not this year though! I'm also finally going to have some help with filing my return. Usually, I will spend a few hours on TurboTax every year and be done with my taxes. But between half a year of work, half a year of unemployment, and several months of starting my own business last year, everything is officially too confusing for me to deal with on my own. I'm going to go see a guy on Monday-- I really hope he knows what he's talking about. (And can also get me a refund!)

And then! There are the many, many pendants that I have left to make. Luckily, those will be much more fun than doing taxes. I am definitely going to start off with those tonight and maybe --hopefully!--not get to the tax stuff until tomorrow. There's just so many of these necklaces to make, it's a little overwhelming. The are mostly for the jewelry booth I'm opening on March 15, of course, but also for a small shop in the West Village that wants about a dozen. So I have to get to work! It feels like I will never get everything done, but I know that I will. Right?!??? Fingers crossed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment