Sunday, March 11, 2012

So much Etsy competition!


I always knew there was a lot of competition among jewelry artists on Etsy--it is, after all, the biggest and most well established venue online for handmade jewelry. But just looking at these stats really put it into perspective for me just how many fellow artisans there really are. All of us, of course, vying for the same clientele. No wonder I'm not making that many sales!

Finding a way to stand out online feels a little bit impossible sometimes, but this goes to show just how important it is. I know I have not yet hit my Etsy stride, but I do think it's possible. I really do believe there is potential for making a decent amount of sales, or at least much greater potential than what I'm currently doing. Seeing this information is certainly very helpful, if slightly depressing!

All of these stats are courtesy to Pearl Blay over at The Beading Gem's Journal, and you can find her original blog post here. And now I am off to make more jewelry--can't believe I start moving into my new jewelry booth tomorrow! Where, hopefully, I will stand out very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment