Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Custom Ring For Qian Liu!

Today was a busy Saturday at my shop, which was great! It was also a little bit surprising, because it was kind of a gross day--it rained off and on for hours, which is never fun. I mean, it was fine for me in my store, but it was definitely not fun for all the people who were walking around NYC, trying to shop! But I spent most of the day inside at my store, making jewelry and chatting with customers, which was fun. Which brings me to my favorite part of today, which was making a pretty custom ring for the lovely Qian Liu! A friend of hers brought her a beautiful gold stone back from Alaska, and she wanted it made into a ring. I usually work with pre-drilled stones, but this one didn't have a hole through it. It was gold, and it had a really beautiful, irregular shape to it that I really wanted to show off. So I used some very thin silver wire to wrap it--enough that the stone would sit securely, but not so much that the stone was hidden behind the wire. I absolutely LOVE the way this ring came out! Now I am feeling very inspired to go looking for some more interesting stones to wrap in wire... So a big thank you to Qian Liu!!! I hope you enjoy your ring :)


No comments:

Post a Comment