Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Tired Fingers...

Today I have been working my fingers to the bone here at my store catching up on custom orders! I had three that I really wanted to have finished by today--and now, within the past hour, I finally have finished them all, which makes me very happy. Happy because I think all three of them came out really well, and happy also because now they will all be ready to ship first thing on Monday morning, which is what I was hoping for. I was going to post a few pictures of them today, but then I realized that all three of them are gifts for people who may or may not be reading this blog! So instead I am posting pictures of a new pair of gold and pink crystal earrings that I have up in my online shop (and in my boutique at 12 Lions too--click the top pic for more info!). I really, really love these earrings. I actually have a few versions of this style in other colors--one that is gold hoops with deep green crystals, and two silver hoop versions; one with lavender crystals, and one with aquamarine. I'm usually a silver person myself, but I am really loving this gold and pink combo--I love how rich the colors look together. I'm really amazed how much my taste in jewelry is always evolving. I have noticed that my taste has gotten a lot bigger and bolder since the start of my company. I think it has a lot to do with the sheer volume of jewelry I see now and am surrounded by constantly--I get used to seeing so much of the "every day" styles that I end up wanting to wear jewelry that really stands out from all of my usual stuff. I think I probably also used to be more timid about wearing large, bold pieces a year or two ago. But now, I'll wear anything, and the bigger and bolder, the better! :) Not all the time, but it can be a lot of fun to dress up... Have a good Saturday night everyone!!

P.S. Happy birthday Nick!!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment