Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New Photos & A Holiday Market!

My iPhone does so many things for my business right now that it's kind of ridiculous--it's how I accept credit card payments (the amazing app Square--I talk it up so often that I should probably be earning a commission at this point!), and I also use my phone to do all my jewelry photography. There are definitely limitations to using an iPhone as a digital camera--lately, I have been wishing for better picture quality and I was considering buying an actual camera for my business. But I decided that for now, I'll just try to maximize what I can do on my phone. So today, I got myself a new photography app--it only cost me about $3, and it is pretty awesome. Here, you can see some of the photos I took today using my new app. It's called Camera+, and it is pretty great for making pictures look a little bit nicer. It has some nice filters and a stabilizing option that really came in handy today. I will be playing around with it more this week, so I will be posting more pictures soon using some of the cool looking filters... Eventually I will get myself a proper digital camera, but for now I think this is a pretty good solution!


I am also feeling excited and nervous today about the holiday market that I recently applied for. I haven't been officially accepted yet, but I got an email back from them today that they would be sending me an invoice and more information later this week. Which is a very good sign! The market will take place over five weekends this November and December, and I applied for all ten days. I'm a little bit terrified because it will be the first time ever that I have ever committed to running two separate locations at the same time. I feel nervous about leaving my store on Broadway, and I feel nervous about the new market and how well my jewelry will do there. I think that I really have to try it though--I really want to maximize this holiday season as much as I possibly can! I don't want to be kicking myself next January, wishing I had tried to do more. I think it will be a great opportunity to connect with new customers, so I have to give it a try. I have a feeling that I will probably be very, very tired throughout November and December, but I know it will be worth it! More details will be coming soon :) And if anyone knows of any awesome salespeople who might want to help me out starting in late October, let me know! I am on the hunt for someone great...



No comments:

Post a Comment