Saturday, September 15, 2012

Six Months at 12 Lions!!

I cannot believe that my store on Broadway has officially been open now for six months!! It has gone by so fast--which is ironic, because I have definitely spent some days at that place that felt like they would never end... :)

At the same time, the months really have flown by, and I can't believe we are already almost in October. What an adventure running this store has been--an exciting, challenging, exhausting, exhilarating adventure. I remember back to March, and how scary it was for me to sign the lease for my boutique. The rent I pay for my store is more than three times the rent I pay for my apartment in the East Village. Those are some very scary numbers--I remember thinking that I might only be able to stay open on Broadway for a single month. I remember worrying that I would lose thousands and thousands of dollars. And six months later, I am happy to report that my store is not only still open, but is going strong!!

Above, you can see a recent shot of my boutique in all its glory--I'm really proud of the way the jewelry and displays have evolved and grown throughout these past six months. My work as a whole just keeps getting better--as it should!

And down here, you can see a shot of me from before the store opened--I'm standing in the empty space that has now become my boutique. I think I have done a pretty good job of running my own store. I have certainly made mistake along the way, but what business owner hasn't? My business has grown in many ways over these past six months, and for that I am very grateful. If you're ever in NYC and want to come say hi, you should! I give a 10% blog discount, and I am (almost) always there! Find me at:

12 Lions Studio
684 Broadway & Great Jones
Thurs-Sun 11-8

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment