Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Inventory Expands...

I am so happy that it is finally Fall up here in NYC!! I love Fall for two main reasons:
1. The weather is absolutely beautiful.
2. Business is really starting to pick up!

We've had a lot more customers in the store lately, although that's also because NYU is back in school this month. As many of you know, the summer has been very slow, so it's nice to see things starting to get back to normal. Fall also means that I'm already really starting to gear up for the holiday season, and that means building up my jewelry inventory, big time! I'm planning for a huge season this year--and I know that the more jewelry I'm able to make now, the less I'll have to make in December. I know that I will be working like a crazy woman from Black Friday through Christmas--definitely seven days a week--and I want to be as prepared as possible. You can see my drawer of overflow jewelry inventory starting to expand.... I really want to have enough stock so that I can participate in a holiday event or two outside of my store--I really want to maximize the season as much as I can. But to do an event, I have to have enough jewelry to do a full second display. Plus extra stock, for when pieces sell. Which means 100 pieces, minimum, which is A LOT for me. Especially since I make every piece entirely by hand! Which means that I have a lot of work to do, and probably some very sore fingers in my future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment