Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tiny Knives & A Baby Shower!

Last night, Nick and I went to a baby shower for our friends, and we wanted to bring some fun gifts for both of the parents-to-be. I made a special bracelet and earrings set for the lady half of the couple, and Nick decided to pick out some special cufflinks for the dad (and he also picked up pairs for a few other friends while he was at it!). One of the many reasons that I love being surrounded by other designers at my store is that whenever I need a gift (besides my own jewelry of course!), I never have to search farther than about twenty feet away. One of the newest designers at the store is Ken Rizzo, whose boutique is set up almost directly across from mine. His company is Creme de la Cuff, and he has a pretty amazing assortment of stuff. He has lots of cufflinks, of course--some rare, some vintage, some handmade, and many are a combination of all three! Nick picked out two of my favorite pairs, which you can see above. The cufflinks on the left are tiny knives--and the best part is that they open and close just like regular pocket knives! So cool. The cufflinks on the right are pretty awesome too--they're tiny harmonicas, and they also work just like regular harmonicas. I think they are probably the tiniest musical instruments I have ever seen :)

The other things Ken has that I really love are his awesome vintage lighters! You can see a few of them here--two silver table lighters, along with a tiny gun. He has a few other lighters that are pretty awesome too--looking at them every day makes me wish that I still smoked! I mean, I'm actually glad that I don't smoke anymore, but if I did, I would want to light my cigarettes with these. So if you come visit me at my store sometime, you can come visit Ken too and see all of his cool stuff!

So I would say that Nick and I did pretty well overall with our baby shower gifts! We didn't actually bring any baby clothes, but I figure we will have plenty more years to buy them lots and lots of those :)


No comments:

Post a Comment